Central to the mission of Brandeis Hillel Day School is a commitment to provide outstanding education to a diverse population of qualified students. In order to remain accessible to families from a wide range of economic backgrounds, designate substantial resources for tuition assistance to qualifying families on a yearly basis. We are proud of this tradition, which allows us to serve our families and assure a dynamic and diverse student population.
We encourage families who have concerns about their ability to afford full tuition to apply for tuition assistance. While every family is expected to contribute to the cost of tuition and fees and to support the community to the extent individual family circumstances permit, the school does not expect all families to pay tuition at the highest level.
Tuition Assistance and Admissions
Determination of tuition assistance is completely separate from the admission process. Families should not hesitate to submit a request for tuition assistance due to this concern.
Tuition Assistance Application Process and Deadlines
BHDS uses School and Student Services (SSS), a service of the National Association of Independent Schools, to process tuition assistance applications. Based on the financial information you provide in the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS), SSS gives us a recommended amount your family can contribute to educational expenses.
BHDS considers the SSS recommendation along with the family’s PFS information and tax returns to help us make fair and equitable flexible tuition decisions. BHDS applies consistent tuition assistance eligibility criteria for all families. All financial information you provide will be held in strict confidence.
Deadlines for 2013-14
- For returning BHDS families, our deadline to submit financial information to SSS is Monday, January 6, 2014.
- For prospective families, our deadline to submit financial information to SSS is Friday, February 7, 2014.
- To submit a Parent Financial Statement (PFS) online, please go to http://sss.nais.org/parents/. Our school code for reporting is 900212 for the Marin campus.
- We also ask that you send a copy of your 2012 federal tax return, including all schedules and W-2s and 1099s, and the IRS Form 4506-T to SSS by Monday, January 6, 2014 (returning BHDS families) or by Friday, February 7, 2014 (prospective families), and as soon as they are available your 2013 W-2s and filed tax return.
- If you are part of a partnership or S-Corporation, we ask that you provide your 2012 returns and all K-1s by the applicable deadline, and your 2013 return as soon as they are filed.
- IRS Form 4506-T signed but not dated.
Tuition determinations are not final until you have submitted tax information for 2013. If the information on your 2013 return differs significantly from your PFS, tuition may be adjusted accordingly.
Notification of tuition determinations will be mailed in February and in March for returning BHDS families, and in March for prospective families on the same schedule as admission decision letters.
You can submit documents online or by mail. When submitting documents by mail, be sure to include the Required Documents Cover Sheet from SSS. The SSS Service Center for Parents is 800-344-8328 FREE 800-344-8328 or email@example.com.