Selecting a school for your child and your family is an important decision. We provide diverse opportunities for you to interact with administration, faculty, and parents in a variety of settings to become well acquainted with our school.
Please note that we prefer that children applying to kindergarten at Brandeis Hillel Day School for the 2013-2014 school year be five years old by September 1, 2013.
Kindergarten Admission Dates (for fall 2013 enrollment)
First round application deadline - Tuesday, January 15, 2013; decision letters mailed March 14, 2013.
Rolling admission after March 14, 2013.
Missed the deadline? Call Amy Pearson, Director of Admission, about space availability and submitting an application at (415) 472-1833.
- Schedule a tour. During our tours - which are required for all prospective families - we'll provide a snapshot of the daily life that your child might experience at Brandeis Hillel Day School. We are happy to make accommodations for families relocating to the Bay Area.
- Attend our Open House on December 5, 2012. Join us for an in-depth look at our lower school program, including time with our faculty, current parents, middle school students and alumni.
- Join us for coffee. Hosted in the homes of BHDS parents, coffees offer an opportunity to meet with school administration in a more intimate setting.
- All applicants need to have an evaluation/recommendation form completed by their current teacher(s).
- Include recent photo of applicant (optional)
- Submit $100 application fee (nonrefundable)
- After you have submitted your application, the Admissions Office will contact you to schedule your parent interview. Getting to know each applicant and his/her parents is an integral part of our application process.
- Kindergarten applicants will be invited to visit the school in small groups during January and February 2013. During these visits, the students will participate in group activities as well as one-on-one time with our teachers as we assess students for kindergarten readiness.
- Apply for tuition assistance (if applicable).