Selecting a school for your child and your family is an important decision. We provide diverse opportunities for you to interact with administration, faculty, and parents in a variety of settings to become well acquainted with our school.
Please note that we prefer that children applying to kindergarten at Brandeis Hillel Day School for the 2014-2015 school year be five years old by September 1, 2014.
Kindergarten Admission Dates (for fall 2013 enrollment)
First round application deadline - Wednesday, January 15, 2014; decision letters mailed March 19, 2014.
Rolling admission after March 19, 2014.
Missed the deadline? Call Amy Pearson about space availability and submitting an application at (415) 472-1833.
- Schedule a tour. During our tours - which are required for all prospective families - we'll provide a snapshot of the daily life that your child might experience at Brandeis Hillel Day School. We are happy to make accommodations for families relocating to the Bay Area.
- Attend our Open House on December 9, 2013. Join us for an in-depth look at our lower school program, including time with our faculty, current parents, middle school students and alumni.
- Join us for en evening "coffee." Hosted in the homes of BHDS parents, evening coffees offer an opportunity to meet with school administration in a more intimate setting.
- All applicants need to have an evaluation/recommendation form completed by their current teacher(s).
- Include recent photo of applicant (optional)
- Submit $100 application fee (nonrefundable)
- After you have submitted your application, the Admissions Office will contact you to schedule your parent interview. Getting to know each applicant and his/her parent(s) is an integral part of our application process.
- Kindergarten applicants will be invited to visit the school in small groups during February 2014. During these visits, the students will participate in group activities as well as one-on-one time with our teachers as we assess students for kindergarten readiness.
- Apply for tuition assistance (if applicable).