Transferring schools - whether due to relocation or the need to find a better fit - is an important transition for both students and their families.
Grades 1-5 Admission Dates (for fall 2014 enrollment)
First round application deadline - Wednesday, January 15, 2014; decision letters mailed March 19, 2014.
Rolling admission after March 19, 2014.
Missed the deadline? Call Amy Pearson about space availability and submitting an application at (415) 472-1833.
- Schedule a tour. During our tours we'll provide a snapshot of the daily life that your child might experience at Brandeis Hillel Day School. We are happy to make accommodations for families relocating to the Bay Area.
- Attend our Lower School Open House on December 9, 2013. Join us for an in-depth look at our lower school program, including time with our faculty, current parents, middle school students and alumni.
- Complete the top portion of the student evaluation form and give to applicant's current teacher; teachers need to complete and return form directly to BHDS.
- Complete the top portion of the records release form and give to applicant's school so that report cards, narrative reports and standardized tests from the past two years, as well as any other pertinent information, will be mailed to BHDS.
- Include recent photo of applicant (optional)
- Submit $100 application fee (nonrefundable)
- After you have submitted your application, we will contact you to schedule a parent interview. Getting to know each applicant and his/her parents is an integral part of our application process.
- We will also contact you to schedule a student visit. During the visit, the applicant will meet with Amy Pearson to complete a brief assessment. The student visit day helps the admission committee determine if BHDS is a good fit for your child. Your child can also give you important feedback about how the visit day went from his/her perspective.